Running And Blogging My Way Through Life.

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Scottish Athletics Website 8/2/12

EILISH PREPARES FOR PEAK PRACTICE

Eilish prepares for peak practice
8th February 2012
Eilish McColgan is stepping up her mileage on her return from injury – and is hoping a first bout at altitude training in the Pyranees will fully prepare her for the Olympic trials on June 22.

The Scottish steeplechaser is currently at Bisham Abbey for the second time with UK Athletics undergoing the final part of her rehabilitation following a broken foot.

Liz’s daughter is now running around 50 miles a week and her comeback will intensify further in April when she heads first to Portugal with her Scottish training partners and then to Font Romeu in the Pyranees with the UK Endurance group.

‘I am running about 50 miles a week at the moment and my maximum is about 65-70 miles,’ said Eilish.

‘I am not too far away. All I am missing now is a few steady runs and that does not concern me too much. Bisham is purely to get intensive physiotherapy again and to monitor the next step back to full weekly mileage.

‘On another note, I have booked my annual warm weather training trip to Villamoura in Portugal with my training group. I will head out a week earlier than anyone else in order to catch-up on the time I missed previously.

‘I then hope to head straight from a fortnight there to a further three weeks at Font Romeu with the UKA Endurance camp. This would be my first ever time at altitude which is why I am only going for three weeks and then coming back for a full month of racing before the Olympic trials on June 22.  A full 20 weeks away – not that I am counting!’



No comments:

Post a Comment